Watch the step-by-step video to bake these scrumptious Cadbury Tumbles Raisin Tumble Carrot Cake .
We’re raisin’ the bar on carrot cakes with a tantalizing take on a baker’s classic. One bite and you’ll tumble head over heels in love.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, or using a hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3–5 minutes.
- Add the egg and egg yolk gradually, scraping well after they are combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and mix just until incorporated.
- Add the milk, carrots, walnuts and Cadbury Tumbles to the batter, then mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread to form a smooth, even layer.
- Bake until the cake springs back slightly when touched, 15–20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut out 24 circles using a 2-inch cookie cutter (or the mouth of a glass) while the cake is still slightly warm.
- Cool completely, about 30–45 minutes.
- Place a cake round onto a plate.
- Use a spoon to dollop a heaping tablespoon of icing on top of the cake.
- Top with another cake round and press slightly.
- Repeat with another layer of icing and cake.