Cadbury Tumbles Raisin Tumble
- 2 cups Cadbury Tumbles Raisins, keep a handful aside for topping
- 12 Tbsp. unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ tsp vanilla essence
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 1½ cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup chopped pecan nuts
- Ready-made cream cheese icing
- Edible flowers for garnish (optional)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, or using a hand-held mixer, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, 3–5 minutes.
- Add the egg and egg yolk gradually, scraping well after they are combined. Beat in the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, whisk the flour with the baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. Add these dry ingredients to the butter mixture, and mix just until incorporated.
- Add the milk, carrots, walnuts and Cadbury Tumbles to the batter, then mix to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking sheet and spread to form a smooth, even layer.
- Bake until the cake springs back slightly when touched, 15–20 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes, then cut out 24 circles using a 2-inch cookie cutter (or the mouth of a glass) while the cake is still slightly warm.
- Cool completely, about 30–45 minutes.
- Place a cake round onto a plate.
- Use a spoon to dollop a heaping tablespoon of icing on top of the cake.
- Top with another cake round and press slightly.
- Repeat with another layer of icing and cake.