- 375 g cake flour (plus extra for rolling out your dough)
- 250 g room temperature butter
- 125 g castor sugar (plus extra for dusting
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Cream butter with castor sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour into the bowl.
- Add vanilla essence.
- Gently fold the mix together until it’s lightly combined. Don’t overmix.
- Wrap in clingfilm and allow to rest in the fridge for an hour.
- Lightly flour a clean, cool surface. Roll out the dough to half a centimetre thick and cut out 12 rounds with a glass, then cut out 12 stars for the topping.
- Grease a muffin pan with oil or spray and cook. Place the round cut pastry on the centre of the muffin mould and apply pressure with forefingers.